DC Fray is on a mission to Make Fun Possible and we would love for you to join us on this adventure!
If you enjoy sports management, are ridiculously well organized with a high attention to detail, and good at building relationships, this position might be a great fit for you!
This Sports Coordinator role, with a focus on planning and permitting, is a critical member of the DC Fray sports team. You’ll play an integral role in ensuring that our season, permits and league planning, as well as general administration, is proactive, detailed and accurate.
- Does the idea of building relationships with area facilities and rec department officials inspire you to write handwritten thank you notes and to remember birthdays, spouses and children names?
- Does driving past a field you never realized was there get your mind racing about all of the leagues that could be played there?
- Do you geek out at well formatted color coded spread sheets and file systems?
- Was Excel one of your favorite topics in college and the term "data validation" means something to you?
If so, then read on to get more info about your next potential dream job!
Job Purpose & Description:
DC Fray Sports Coordinators work as a team to manage all aspects of our leagues and events. This includes, but is not limited to, field setup, supervision of refs, hosts & contractors, officiating of games, interacting with players, facilities and other league partners, creation of sports schedules, answering emails, updating websites, hosting activities, and generally coordinating our leagues.
Each Sports Coordinator also has a core and specialized set of responsibilities. Our Planning & Permitting Coordinator specifically oversees, plans, organizes and maintains, and assists with the direction of our Sports Manager all forward planning around season operations. Basically the Who, Where, When, What and Why of the operation. You can't run 500+ leagues a year without extensive planning and this role plays a large role in making sure those trains are well organized and on time.
Sports Coordinator Accountabilities & Scope of Responsibility:
- Provides effective collaboration within sports coordination team to ensure player satisfaction, quality of service and cost management across all company activities;
- Demonstrates positive can-do attitude and behavior that contributes to a collaborative and enjoyable company culture including the willingness to cross perform duties and take whatever action is needed to get the job done;
- Ability to problem solve and create solutions to new challenges.
Core & Specialized Duties:
- Organizes and plans league, sport and event administration to include scheduling, permits, facilities relationships and general clerical duties;
- Builds and develops relationships with partners, vendors, facilities, players and staff to help achieve the mission;
- Helps with participation forecasting, strategic planning and general growth efforts.
General Sports Coordination Duties:
- Contributes to the effective planning, promotion, implementation, supervision, and coordination of sports programs and company events;
- Performs nights and weekend duty rotations to generally include 1-2 weeknights and weekend duty every 3-5 weeks. Duty requires coordinator to be on-call and perform onsite management of all league operations on a given day/evening including rainout & weather line updates and other duties as needed;
- Coordinates with staffing lead to assist with training, scheduling, management and performance evaluations;
- Participates effectively in the recruiting, hiring and assignment process of refs, hosts, and event personnel;
- Contributes to effective social media & brand efforts both with and without specific instruction;
- Interacts professionally to build positive relationships with players, vendors, contractors, company partners as well as USS staff as needed;
- Provides hands on assistance to other team members with various specialized operational tasks;
- Works flexible hours, including weekends, evenings, and holidays with typical weekday office hours from 10am-6pm;
- Protects organization's value by keeping company information confidential;
- Properly interprets and make decisions in accordance with laws, regulations, and company policies;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
- Work well independently, as well as part of a team in a fast-paced, often hectic environment;
- Maintaining a professional demeanor in a variety of environments and situations;
- Handle multiple and shifting priorities;
- Think critically and solve problems using the resources and information on hand;
- Handle and resolve interpersonal conflict and tension in a variety of situations in a diplomatic and productive manner.
Minimum Hiring Requirements:
- Clean driving record and ability to safely operate company vehicles;
- College degree required;
- Ability to readily and repeatedly lift 25 lbs... with a smile!
- Willingness & ability to work nights and weekends on rotating shifts;
- Comfort in an extremely fast pace startup like environment.
Compensation & Perks:
- $38-$48k base salary, based on experience;
- Performance bonuses provided as earned;
- Healthcare subsidy, vision and dental;
- Industry leading 401k after 1st year of employment;
- 15 days of PTO (includes vacation & sick time);
- Fun dynamic work environment - Waffle Wednesdays, positivity gong anyone?!
- Free sports league participation.
For more information about the place, culture, and atmosphere you'll be working in, please go to United Fray Careers website at unitedfray.talentcmo.com.
Please Note: Out of area / relocation candidates will not be considered for this position at this time.